Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Waiting for a knight in shining armor

I plan to teach my daughter to believe in the knight on a white horse, destined to carry her away from all this to a land far away where she'll be a princess and live happily ever after.

I plan to teach her this, because it's true.

The deal is, she may have to wait a long time to see this man. She's in an engagement period and she has to be patient, to save herself for him, to love no one more than him, and to pledge to love him all her life. While she's waiting for him, he may ask her to do some hard things, like fight for him. The good news is he's already given her a sword, a shield, and a full suit of armor. Don't worry, he won't put her in any situation alone, he has a whole army at his disposal that helps her fight, comes alongside her, before her and after her. It's a pledge of her passion and her desire to have him.

He's a great guy, as princes go. He's very powerful, but the best type of man: fearless and tenderhearted at the same time. He's a healer, a public speaker, an educated man, and a hard-worker, not to mention his princely qualities. He's also generous, kind, gentle, passionate and has a great sense of humor. His dad is even better. The king has already adopted my daughter as his very own! He treats her just like his own child.

The only thing that could mess this up is if she gets tired of waiting for her prince...I really hope she doesn't. He picked her out especially for himself before she knew him. He's been watching her from afar, admiring, loving, waiting for her. It's one of those great scenarios where he's totally in love with her, she can't imagine a prince could love her like that, then they get to live happily ever after. He's even building her a house, with room for everyone she loves and cares about, though hopefully she'll be willing to go to him even if no one goes with her. But who wouldn't want to be with a guy like that?

It gets better...this prince is a great adventurer and plans to take my daughter to some truly amazing places, from the hightest mountain tops to the depths of the deepest ocean to the beautiful garden he built just for the two of them to share. There's a lot to be learned from a guy like that.

I really hope she waits. I'm glad I'm waiting. I hope you're waiting, too.

Here's a paragraph from one of his love-letters:

"You've captured my heart, dear friend. You looked at me, and I fell in love. One look my way and I was hopelessly in love! How beautiful your love, dear, dear friend— far more pleasing than a fine, rare wine, your fragrance more exotic than select spices."-J (SOS 4:9-10)

No comments: