Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Homeschooling Mom Confesses Desk Fetish


If you didn't know already, I'm secretly an in-the-closet-organizer, though my closet would probably argue differently.  I'm here to share a secret.  I've found a new outlet for all this pent-up Martha Stewart energy:  Homeschooling.  It's starting to feel as exciting to me as the first day of school did when I was 8.  The smell of books, pencils and glue; and of course the feeling of learning something new.  Organizing my desk for the first day of school was a task I always loved most of all, at least until I reached the age of accountability:  locker and binder organization. Ahhhh... (did you join me on that one?).  Who doesn't remember the first day at Middle School (or Junior High), being handed your first *gulp* locker combination!

I digress.


There are no lockers here at our house, but there is a new (to us) flip-down desk, painted robin-egg blue.  We inherited it from my grandmother who acquired it somewhere around 1945. 
The best part about the new desk was having June help me put all her homeschool supplies in the cubbies: glue sticks, scissors, pens, pencils, crayons, rulers, paper, stickers... so fun!


Tomorrow is "Gg" day.  We're learning about giants, goodnights, geese, grace and God as well as enjoying green grapes and green beans... who said homeschooling isn't fun?  Not me!

2 comments:

~*BeRRY LoVeR*~ said...

What a great desk! Seb has an old desk we got from a pawn shop type place and we sanded it down and painted it and gave it to him for Christmas. It's so cool to put so much work into something and have them just love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Sounds like so much fun. :)

luv,
Hannah