Saturday, July 17, 2010
1) My amazing husband. Seriously. He really puts up with a lot. He cooks and cleans, too. Thank God and thank his mother.
2) Our kiddie pool. On a 90+ degree day, nothing switches my mood like a play-session in the pool with my almost-4-old. My husband freely admits that he bought it primarily for me. Thank you!
3) Hypnobabies. If you're looking for a birthing class, please do yourself a favor and check this out- it's not as weird as it sounds. I feel so relaxed, comfortable and ready for this birth because of this amazing program! Many women experience little or no pain through the process of self-hypnosis during birth (it's not a "silent" program- just a meditative one).
4) God. This birth reminds me that my body is a sanctuary, a vessel, meant to serve Him in every way. This child is a gift to Him, and this body is a gift, too. Thanks for the perspective, Creator of the Universe.
5) Friends and Family. To everyone who calls, Facebooks or e-mails me on a regular basis to "check-in"... thank you! I don't feel like I had a fraction of this support when we had our first daughter. What a blessing! I'm even making a few new friends in our neighborhood...
I'm really going to try to write more often, though I'm sure that's a silly proposition when we have a baby due anyday. Just know that I'm out here, I have lots to say, I'll be back soon!