- Why isn't it ok to knock over your sister?
- Can words hurt?
- What does "consequence" mean?
- Is it ok for mommies and daddies to be mad?
- Is it ok for kids to be mad?
- Why do you have to take time-outs?
When I ran across this picture (see header) I began to think: what are my house rules? Really... what are those things that I value most in our home environment? Why not add things like "laugh*giggle*be silly"? Maybe we take ourselves way too seriously.
So I'm thinking of creating my own wall of rules... but rules that matter. Here are a few of my new
- Use kind words
- Laugh every day
- Use your imagination
- Make someone smile
- Read more books than ever before
- Make music freely
- This home has an open-door policy
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Exercise extreme love
- Breathe deeply